Oklahoma City AC Repair
Available 24/7 for Air Conditioning Emergencies! 405-400-0485
As summertime approaches, the heat and humidity tend to increase immensely in Oklahoma City. The only thing that can effectively cool us is a properly working air conditioner. If your AC isn’t providing you with sufficient cool air, turn to the experts at Edco Plumbing, Heating & Air. Our Oklahoma City air conditioning repair specialists have over 30 years of experience. We’re also available 24/7 and will arrive to your property quickly in our fully stocked truck so we can get the job done on the spot. It’s important that you don’t put off getting necessary repairs, as the longer you put them off, the more costly they could become and the sooner you might need a replacement.
Commons Signs It’s Time for AC Repairs
When your air conditioner is working properly, it’s easy to take it for granted. However, it’s important to pay attention to how your AC unit is functioning because you could notice warning signs it’s time for a repair before it stops functioning completely.
You may need air conditioning repairs if you notice any of the following signs:
- Higher monthly electric bills: There are many things that can contribute to a spike in your utility bills, including faulty components of your AC unit. Everything from leaky ductwork to a broken thermostat to internal mechanical issues can cause your unit to have to work harder to cool your property.
- Warm air: If you didn’t accidentally set your thermostat to heat and your AC continues to blow warm air, this is a telltale sign that something is wrong and you should call our Oklahoma City AC repair pros right away.
- Increased humidity: Summers in OKC are already hot and humid, which is why we don’t need it increased. If your home feels warm and sticky even with your AC unit running, there could be something wrong. Additionally, mold tends to grow and thrive in moist environments, which is why it’s important to address this problem as soon as possible.
- Poor airflow: Does your home not feel as cool as it should be? Does it seem as if the air is barely coming out of your vents? This could be due to a blower issue, a clogged air filter, frozen evaporator coils, or leaky or blocked ductwork.
- A leaking unit or pool of water around your unit: While condensation is normal, any excess moisture or a pool of liquid around your unit means that something is wrong. This could be the result of a clogged drain tube or leaking refrigerant.
- Odd noises: While some subtle noise from your AC unit is normal, any loud groaning, banging, screeching, grinding, or squealing is a sign that you need repairs. Typically, these noises are caused by a lack of lubrication, a refrigerant leak, or a malfunctioning compressor.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: Your thermostat helps control the temperature in your home as your AC runs. If your air conditioner is constantly cycling and won’t power off, there are hot and cold spots throughout your home, or your AC won’t even power on, it could be due to a faulty thermostat.
- Foul odors: Because Oklahoma City can get so humid, it’s not uncommon for moisture to lead to mold buildup in your ductwork. This can cause foul odors to spread throughout your home. If your AC unit has an electrical issue, burnt wiring could also be the cause of any odor coming from your air conditioner.
Schedule Your Air Conditioning Repair Service Today!
At Edco Plumbing, Heating & Air, the safety and comfort of our customers is our priority. We’ve been in business since 1989 and we guarantee the work that our licensed Oklahoma City AC repair specialists do.
Contact us online or give us a call now to schedule your AC repair appointment!